DAS Field Technician
Number of Openings:
Our client is a top nationwide telecom integrator providing in-building DAS and small cell design and implementation. Their highly-rated scalable network solutions meet the huge demand for top-quality wireless coverage in large offices buildings, airports, hospitals, stadiums, military projects, and convention centers. They are hiring a DAS Field Technician to work on a range of indoor DAS projects. The DAS Field Technician will assist in installation, commissioning, testing, and troubleshooting large neutral-host distributed antenna systems.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, annual performance bonus, PTO/paid holidays, overtime pay, 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, flexible hours, company profit-sharing, and more.
- Career advancement and employee continuing skill development opportunities.
- Tightly knit team with good work-life balance.
- Strong commitment to employee safety.
- Company has a strong reputation in the utilities industry and a commitment to excellent work.
- Company is heavily invested in growing operations and capital expenditures.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and commission neutral host DAS system.
- Pull, terminate, and test coax and fiber. Install DAS antennas and splitters.
- Conduct testing using spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, signal generator, power meter, and more.
- Work with project manager to complete system changes and upgrades.
- Collect Sweep, fiber, and PIM (passive intermodulation) measurements and data.
- Conduct quality of service (QOS) testing according to client coverage goals and proper integration into the network.
- Perform fusion splicing and OTDR testing as needed.
- Maintain DAS equipment according to industry performance standards.
- 3+ years of experience in a cellular network technician role, with a focus on DAS and in-building wireless systems.
- Strong testing skills, including PIM testing, CW testing, OTDR testing, QOS testing, and walk testing.
- Technical proficiency with the following:
- Fiber splicing
- Coax installation and termination
- RF test equipment and propagation tools
- UMTS, GSM, LTE standards
- OEM certifications such as Anritsu or EXFO are a plus.
- Prior experience completing projects for the public sector or military is a plus.
- Able to interpret iBwave designs and construction drawings.
- Some travel.