Director of Business Development – Logistics & Import/Export
New York, NY / New Jersey
Number of Openings:
Our client is an established global logistics services company providing a wide range of services in transportation, freight forwarding, and import/export solutions. They have a strong professional reputation in the industry due to their commitment to excellence in service. They are hiring a Director of Business Development to expand their award-winning services.
The Director of Business Development has full ownership of revenue growth initiatives within the target region. They build relationships with SMBs and multinational enterprises. This director will expand market penetration for a range of logistics services.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses.
- Benefits package includes medical/dental, 401(K), car allowance, laptop, cell phone, expense account, PTO, and flexible hours.
- Hire/fire authority and a team of direct reports.
- Involvement in high-margin, high-profile deals with large commercial customers.
- Sales program backed by excellent product portfolio and solutions that are consistently rated as the most effective in the industry.
- Working and networking with highly desirable top commercial clients in the international logistics and transportation industry.
- Company with a 20-year history of innovative solutions and top-quality service.
- Develop sales strategy for SMB and enterprise customers whose business needs align with international freight and global logistics.
- Develop, negotiate, and close high-level deals; take ownership of sales cycle from start to finish.
- Interview and hire new team members. Coach and develop sales team. Conduct performance reviews and sales training.
- Envision and execute sales strategies to drive revenue.
- Create sales and forecasting reports; present to upper management.
- 12+ years of business development experience for SMB and enterprise/multinational clients.
- Industry background in logistics, import/export, supply chain, international freight, or a related space.
- Track record of developing successful sales strategies and business development initiatives.
- Management and team leadership experience.
- Understanding of various global logistics services, import/export regulations, and the overall market.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related technical field.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Some travel.