US - Multiple Locations
Number of Openings:
Our client is a multibillion-dollar industry leader within the software and technology space. They have created a new HR Director position to oversee a growing region with three thriving business units. The HR Director will develop and manage employee-first HR initiatives, including internal recruiting, benefits administration, payroll, and employee satisfaction.
The HR Director is responsible for key strategic decisions and internal controls related to the company’s most important asset: its people. They balance the company’s growth with compliance. They will have a high level of authority to help guide the company to achieve high employee satisfaction and retention.
This Role Offers:
- Base salary plus over-the-top benefits package: medical/prescription, dental, vision, dependent care, 401(K) match, mass transit coverage, tuition sponsorship, and flexible expense accounts.
- Multiple Best Place to Work awards: 10/10 work-life balance, collaborative environment, open-plan office, company-sponsored events, and volunteering opportunities.
- High visibility – report directly to VPs and interface with C-level.
- Hire/fire authority and leadership of direct reports.
- Newly-created position with multiple flexible career advancement tracks and training options.
- Culture of mentorship and promotion.
- Excellent work-life balance.
- Strong record of corporate responsibility, employee safety, and employee care.
- Many career advancement paths and support for training and certifications.
- High average employee tenure.
- Team of capable, experienced, and seasoned professionals at the top of their industry.
- Align company policies to promote strong workplace culture and satisfaction, using employee feedback and tenure data. Collaborate extensively with leadership from other departments.
- Manage payroll processes, procedures, and benefits administration, including health/ACA, dental, vision, life, disability, long-term care, FMLA, 401(K), and more.
- Coordinate internal/external audits to ensure compliance with corporate policies, employment law, and related regulations.
- Assist and train managers on hiring policies, compensation packages, and interviewing. Provide insight into company culture standards and best-practice hiring procedures.
- Direct internal and external recruiting efforts. Interview and onboard new employees for high-seniority positions.
- Assist with events planning and employee recognition programs.
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience, including significant experience at the director level managing teams for benefits administration, payroll, compliance, and onboarding.
- Recruiting skillset (sourcing, screening, interviewing, and onboarding).
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Understanding of employment law and regulations, including paid leave, sick leave, workers compensation, EEO/AA, FMLA and FLSA.
- Experience coordinating internal audits and monitoring internal controls.
- Proficiency in payroll administration software (such as ADP) and HR software (e.g. Hiredesk, HRIS, SAP, Oracle).
- Understanding of visa sponsorship, including H-1B, TN, and other common visas.
- Strong communication skills and ability to develop creative solutions to interpersonal challenges.
- Certifications such as SHRM-CP, SPHR, or PHR are a plus.