Director of Network Operations - NOC
Number of Openings:
Our client is a leader in wireless broadband, managed cloud, and cellular wireless network services. Their technology supports billions of dollars in assets around the world for a global customer base of carriers, wireless OEMs, and mobile network operators. They are hiring a Director of Network Operations to oversee the global NOC team.
The Director of Network Operations is a key team member in the daily operations of one of the most advanced cellular network infrastructure providers in the world. They will drive improvements related to automation, workflows, and network performance.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual performance bonus, medical/dental/vision insurance, PTO plan, 401(k) match, and more.
- Direct access to executive management and VPs.
- Team of direct reports, with authority to grow the team.
- Sizeable budget and strong executive support to grow the program.
- Award-winning team with a history of innovative solutions.
- Anti-micromanaging culture and supportive management.
- Strong relationships with major carriers, mobile network operators (MNOs and MVNOs), and top enterprises.
- Strong mentorship, training, and career advancement opportunities from senior colleagues.
- Comprehensive wireless solutions portfolio.
- Exposure to a wide range of technology in a growing industry.
- Worldwide business unit with many growth opportunities.
- Highly experienced team with decades of experience telecom and wireless space.
- Direct the global NOC operations, including regular maintenance, upgrades, unplanned outages, incident response, security, compliance, and performance improvement.
- Plan and orchestrate network change activities.
- Oversee technical support operations for the data center developing network infrastructure.
- Build relationships with vendor partners and strong escalation paths to reduce the resolution time for outages and incidents.
- Act as a high-level escalation point for carriers, MVNOs, and partners.
- Assist in workflow automation and performance improvements.
- Manage the team that supports operational continuity and security, including hiring new team members.
- Contribute heavily to team development, employee appraisals, training plans, continuing education seminars, and other training and development resources for the support team.
- Set budget and track operational expense costs.
- Define responsiveness KPIs for the NOC. Monitor SLAs and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. Deliver metrics reports regularly to senior management.
- 5+ years of experience managing a connectivity engineering team, preferably with NOC or data center experience.
- Industry background in the wireless/telecom space, with a focus on NOC and network infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science.
- Able to manage a successful, growing team of engineers.
- Understanding of network infrastructure and global NOC operations technology:
- Cellular networks
- Wireless broadband
- VMWare, VPNs
- Network security
- Network protocols
- Public cloud (AWS)
- Proficiency with industry-standard ticketing systems and troubleshooting workflows.
- Industry certifications are a plus (e.g. ITIL).