Import Logistics Coordinator
Number of Openings:
Our client is an established global logistics services company providing a wide range of services in transportation, freight forwarding, import/export, and more. They have a strong professional reputation from small businesses to multinational enterprises due to their commitment to excellence in service. They are hiring an Import Logistics Coordinator to assist the team with customs entry filing and other daily logistics activities.
The Import Logistics Coordinator manages key documentation and service coordination for the import process in the Chicago ORD area. This person plays a critical role in supporting a global logistics network that serves a wide range of industries.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus benefits package, including medical/dental, 401(K) company match, PTO, and more.
- Sales program backed by excellent product portfolio and solutions that are consistently rated as the most effective and flexible in the industry.
- Highly successful sales and business development team with strong international strategy.
- Management empowers its employees with resources and tools to creatively solve problems.
- Many opportunities for career advancement and growth.
- Top commercial clients in the international import/export and logistics industry.
- Company with a 20-year history of innovative solutions and top-quality service.
- Support daily logistics processes within import, freight forwarding, and global logistics.
- Handle daily entry filing for international freight and global logistics customers.
- Prepare entry filing, customs documentation, shipment documentation, exception reports, and partner government agency reports.
- Resolve challenges and unexpected changes; communicate closely with customers regarding shipment status.
- Coordinate shipment activities with internal teams, agents, carriers, transportation/trucking, third-party vendors, and other parties during import.
- Manage shipment and customer information in Cargo-Wise.
- Provide customer service and answer questions related to import logistics.
- 3+ years of experience at a freight forwarding firm.
- Industry knowledge of the global logistics chain: import, freight forwarding, ocean/air transportation, and distribution.
- Knowledge of import regulations and customs entry filing regulations.
- Proficiency with Cargowise software.
- Commitment to excellent customer experience and an ability to creatively resolve challenges.
- Strong deadline sensitivity.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.