Internal Audit Manager (Freight Forwarding, Import/Export)
Greater New York, NY Area
Number of Openings:
Our client is an established global logistics services company providing a wide range of services in transportation, freight, import/export, and more. They have a strong professional reputation in the industry due to their commitment to excellence in service. They are hiring an Internal Audit Manager to support audit efforts and evaluate internal controls as part of the finance and accounting team.
The Internal Audit Manager is responsible for locating inefficiency, non-compliance, and areas for potential improvement. They will manage and refine audit procedures, with a high level of influence over the company’s strategic improvements.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, plus comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental, 401(k) match, and annual performance bonuses.
- Excellent work/life balance.
- High degree of freedom to refine auditing processes.
- Strong potential for promotion.
- Access to upper management and high degree of influence over business processes.
- Multiple career advancement paths: can develop niche skills in auditing and accounting, or move upward into senior management.
- Large pool of financial resources and software tools.
- Highly experienced leadership and a culture of high quality.
- Support and funding for industry certifications and skills development.
- Dynamic, market-responsive company culture with a strong focus on high quality solutions.
- Lead internal and external audits, identifying and correcting outstanding errors, compliance issues, and inefficiencies.
- Establish, manage, and revise auditing procedures and controls. Assist the team in developing improved internal controls that reduce risk and improve efficiency.
- Revise and improve internal controls and other business processes.
- Coordinate with external auditors for financial audits and testing of controls.
- Develop cost-effective solutions to inefficiencies in logistics, customs brokerage, freight forwarding, inventory, and distribution.
- Conduct site risk assessment reports and audit plans. Present findings to upper management with suggestions for action.
- 6+ years of accounting and internal audit experience, either with a major public accounting firm or in private internal auditing.
- Background in a related industry: global logistics, freight forwarding, customs brokerage, transportation, supply chain, or import/export.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. MBA or MS Accounting is a plus.
- Strong understanding in auditing controls, risks, inventory, manufacturing, and operational processes.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) or GAAP best practices.
- Proficiency with major accounting software.
- CPA, CFE, or CIA designation is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, process, and accurate documentation.