Lead PLC Controls Engineer
Number of Openings:
Relocation package available.
Our client manufactures top products and components globally. They are hiring a Lead PLC Controls Engineer to streamline and automate food safety and manufacturing processes for a large manufacturing plant delivering a wide range of consumer food products.
The Lead PLC Controls Engineer establishes and implements process control system standards. This person develops standards and processes for a range of controllers and PLC platforms to identify opportunities to automate manual processes and drive improvements.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, plus comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental, 401(k) match, and annual performance bonuses.
- Lean, efficient manufacturing environment.
- High degree of freedom to refine operational and manufacturing processes.
- Multiple career advancement paths.
- Large pool of financial resources and software tools.
- Culture of high quality.
- Support and funding for industry certifications and skills development.
- Company leadership is open to new ideas and expansion, including product line expansion and international markets.
- Develop and roll out automation plans and process standards across multiple manufacturing sites.
- Migrate legacy manufacturing software/controls to new PLCs. Program new controllers and troubleshoot for problems.
- Automate manual processes and improve efficiency. Assist with end user training.
- Work with engineering and manufacturing teams to develop fixes for workflow problems and recurring issues.
- Oversee a team of direct reports, delivering performance reviews and training as needed.
- Support high quality and safety standards within manufacturing plants and distribution.
- Identify inefficiencies and analyze root cause and solutions.
- 6+ years of experience in an industrial manufacturing environment, ideally within pharmaceuticals, beverage, or food products.
- Strong PLC (programmable logic controller) technical understanding, including some or all of the following:
- Siemens PLC
- Modicon PLC
- Rockwell 5
- Management experience of a team of direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field.
- Good skills in teamwork, strategy, and communication.
- Some travel.