Legal Counsel – International Regulatory Compliance
Washington, DC Area
Number of Openings:
Our client is a major telecommunications company with a global footprint and an excellent industry reputation. They are hiring a licensed attorney to act as Legal Counsel for contract negotiations and international regulatory compliance.
As Legal Counsel, this person will leverage their deep understanding of regulations governing business operations in the US and abroad. They will provide legal expertise and advice for a range of business activities, including municipal and national regulations, vendor agreements, contracts, and submission of required regulatory reports.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual bonus. Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, company 401(K) match, life & disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and flexible hours.
- Company will fund industry certifications and advanced skills training.
- Strong pipeline of support with state-of-the-art technical resources.
- Global Fortune 2000 company - huge pool of resources and budget.
- Flexible career advancement options.
- Company culture of transparency.
- Market leader with a commitment to expanding and growing.
- Strong company reputation for outstanding project delivery.
- Highly successful history of expansion and strong financial standing.
- Over 5,000 enterprise customers and many major channel partners.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and municipal laws for multiple countries.
- Assist with contract negotiation, including contract law, international regulatory compliance, anti-trust laws, and related corporate law.
- As part of the legal team, secure necessary licenses, jurisdictional approval, and permits. Attend select jurisdictional hearings.
- Identify risks and implement effective risk mitigation strategies, including forecasting of budget, legal/permitting costs, and regulatory hurdles.
- Facilitate communication with vendors, internal teams, executive management, end customers, and contracting teams.
- Assist business development team with negotiation of high-profile contracts.
- Work with bid team to ensure compliance for RFPs and proposals.
- Report regularly to senior management and assist with preparation of compliance documents and reports to municipal, federal, and international bodies.
- Provide legal advice as necessary to internal groups.
- 6+ years of experience providing legal services for a US telecom carrier, major international IT company, or a law firm specializing in international regulatory compliance.
- Up to date knowledge of the telecom industry’s legal and regulatory environment.
- Specialized knowledge of licensing regulations for IT, telecom, and communications.
- Understanding of contract law, especially international.
- Bachelor’s degree plus juris doctor (JD), and active state licensure.
- Familiarity with telecom/IT services and solutions.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.