Revenue Assurance & Recovery Specialist (Telecom)
Number of Openings:
Relocation package available.
Our client is a thriving telecom technology provider with over 100 years of experience delivering award-winning solutions in internet, DSL, cable, and telecom services. They are hiring a Revenue Assurance & Recovery Specialist to manage the recovery process for federal and state revenue.
The Revenue Assurance & Recovery Specialist will lead A/R activities related to the recovery of funds, including invoicing, reports, billing, and regulatory analysis. They will work cross-functionally to support the financial side of the company’s growth into new markets and services. Additionally, they will work closely with the legal team to navigate the regulatory landscape.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses and benefits package, including medical/dental/vision, 401(K) match, and more.
- Excellent work/life balance.
- Highly supportive executive management.
- Opportunity to develop niche skills in accounting and finance.
- Stable customer base with high customer satisfaction.
- Experienced leadership and a culture of high performance.
- High level of responsibility over budgets, reports, project goals, and processes.
- Experienced team with decades of combined experience.
- Manage procedures for revenue recovery and revenue assurance, primarily from state and federal entities. Generate and interpret reports and make recommendations to senior management.
- Collaborate with legal department regarding regulatory compliance, reporting requirements, and corporate law governing the telecom industry.
- Manage billing system, including invoicing, bill content, and bill escalations. Take action for past due accounts and collections.
- Prepare revenue reports, financial statements, FCC regulatory filing, and other financial documentation.
- Assist with A/R and accounting activities, including cash flow management, reporting, and assistance with monthly and year-end close process.
- Manage accounting documentation and adhere to accounting best practices.
- Assist other departments with developing project budgets and cost analysis.
- 5+ years of experience with accounting procedures specific to revenue recovery, including billing, A/R, and revenue streams.
- Telecommunications industry experience, and an understanding of telecom regulatory compliance and laws. Direct experience with regulatory accounting is a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (accounting, finance, or business).
- Strong experience with generating and interpreting reports.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and accounting software.
- Strong understanding of accounting best practices and procedures.