RF Design Engineer
Number of Openings:
Our client solves real-world communications challenges with market-leading electronics and wireless products. Their solutions are internationally renowned within commercial electronics, DAS in-building, signal processing, cellular, 4G/LTE/5G communications equipment, HetNet, wireless, and RF systems. They are hiring an RF Design Engineer to design and test electrical hardware components for RF equipment.
The RF Design Engineer will work as part of a tightly knit multi-disciplinary team to design and develop RF circuits and equipment. This person will work under senior engineers and contribute to conceptual design, development, modeling, simulation, and backend timing.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus comprehensive benefits package, including medical/life coverage, 401(K) match, profit-sharing, performance bonuses, and more.
- Work with a team developing sophisticated commercial wireless products within WiFi, 5G, HetNet, advanced cellular communications, RF solutions, and other advanced network areas
- Engineer-centric work environment within a small, high-performing team with a legacy of success in their R&D projects.
- High commitment to quality – company never underfunds its products.
- Company is profitable with a culture of reinvesting in their employees.
- Excellent industry reputation; company powers the world’s biggest manufacturers.
- Strong, stable company with legacy of building high-grade wireless components and equipment.
- Great learning environment, hands-off management with support when you need it.
- Assist team in designing and developing RF solutions for a range of end applications.
- Build and test prototypes; measure and interpret results.
- Define and develop architecture.
- Conduct tests in a lab setting: spectrum analyzers, power meters, network analyzers, etc. Develop and manage automated testing.
- Develop models. Conduct board-level design reviews, testing, and simulations.
- Work with the field application engineering team and customers to identify and resolve technical issues.
- 3+ years of experience in RF product design, with exposure to frequencies up to 15 GHz.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical engineering.
- Strong skills in simulation and prototyping.
- Understanding of wireless technologies, protocols, and standards (3G, 4G, LTE/LTE-A, 802.11)
- Proficiency with design and simulation software, such as MATLAB, ANSYS HFSS, or Comsol.
- Strong skills in technical documentation.