RF Engineer (DAS, Wireless Access, Connectivity)
Tampa/St. Petersburg, FL
Number of Openings:
Our client designs and deploys the smartest wireless access solutions available today. Their solutions are giving cities real-world solutions to save money, go green, streamline traffic, and keep the public safe. They are hiring an RF Engineer to meet the growing demand for advanced wireless networks. This includes hospitals, government, and large enterprises.
The RF Engineer will focus on designing advanced solutions to upgrade aging wireless infrastructure, mission critical connectivity, and connectivity technology. This person will work with other RF engineers to complete site surveys, RF design, installation, commissioning, and testing.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary package plus comprehensive benefits package: medical/dental, performance bonuses, 401(K), and more.
- Access to a high-growth region within the wireless space, which is expected to grow $4+ billion dollars over the next decade.
- Portfolio of emerging public safety technology, including smart power grids, connected devices, cutting-edge surveillance, 5G data networks, IoT/M2M devices, large-area WiFi, and public safety technology.
- Opportunity to work on advanced wireless/wireline technology at a time when the public sector is investing heavily in new smart infrastructure.
- Extensive support resources and tools, including pre-sales personnel, large engineering team, solutions managers, account support, mentors, and more.
- High-profile clients and prospects within government at the federal, state, and municipality level; opportunity to build a very strong client base.
- Build custom RF solutions in line with modern and emerging technology solutions, including IoT/M2M, 5G networking, smart city solutions, and connected device integration within the wireless smart devices market.
- Use specialized RF test and measurement instrumentation (noise figure analyzer, network analyzer, etc.) to test wireless networks.
- Gather project requirements and work with R&D team to design solutions, proposals, and implementation plans.
- Collaborate with DAS project management team to create BOMs, budget, scope, and timeline.
- Assist project managers in setting project budgets, scope, and timelines.
- 4+ years of designing and engineering RF wireless solutions, ideally at the enterprise or public sector level.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience working with major carriers and wireless service providers or on large enterprise projects.
- iBwave and/or DAS OEM certifications are a strong plus.
- BSEE or related engineering degree.
- Technical understanding of with RF/DAS technology for indoor applications. Understanding of interference issues and RF test equipment.