Sr. Audit Associate
St. Louis, MO
Number of Openings:
Relocation assistance available.
Our client provides full-service public accounting, tax advisory, auditing, and financial services nationwide. Their highly respected industry reputation is based on quality customer service, attention to detail, and ethical trusted business associates. They are hiring a Sr. Audit Associate to provide public accounting and auditing services to major clients across several industries.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, plus medical/dental/vision, 401(k) match, generous vacation plan, summer Fridays, and annual performance bonuses.
- Strong potential for promotion.
- Small, tightly knit firm with high employee tenure.
- Access to upper management and high degree of influence over business processes.
- Strong portfolio of hand-picked customers.
- Multiple career advancement paths: can develop niche skills or move upward into management.
- Highly experienced leadership has been in the business for decades.
- Culture of high performance and quality customer care.
- Provide accounting and auditing services to top clients across a range of industries. Document results and deliver reports to senior management with potential solutions.
- Identify risks and assist the client in developing improved controls and procedures.
- Prepare financial reports, financial statements, and financial analysis to assist clients in assessing risk and financial strategy decisions.
- Complete internal audits, identifying and correcting outstanding errors, compliance issues, and inefficiencies.
- Assist with identity theft investigations and other in-depth financial audits.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, US GAAP, and other financial regulations.
- Maintain excellent documentation and appropriate paperwork for all activities.
- 4+ years of relevant experience, including public accounting and auditing experience.
- Experience in auditing records, financial risk management, financial analysis, and other related auditing services.
- Proficiency with accounting software (ProSystem, MS Excel, Intuit, QuickBooks).
- CPA certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. MBA or MS Accounting is a plus.
- Knowledge of GAAP best practices.
- Excellent communication skills; strong attention to detail and process.
- Some travel.