Sr. DSP Engineer (Self-Driving Cars, Continuous Wave Radar)
Greater Detroit, MI Area
Number of Openings:
Relocation expenses covered.
Our client provides market-leading products and wireless solutions for the automotive industry. They are developing the most advanced automotive applications on the market today, including emerging technology applications for autonomous vehicles. They are hiring a Sr. Automotive Engineer to develop radar and electrical components to support innovative new technology.
The Sr. Automotive Engineer will work as part of a tightly knit multi-disciplinary team to develop advanced feature-rich radar components for autonomous vehicles. As part of the product development team, this person will have strong influence on development activities from end to end.
This Role Offers
- Competitive base salary plus comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental plans, 401(k) match, life insurance, PTO, holidays, and other perks.
- Modern office with many on-site amenities in beautiful suburb of North Detroit.
- "Engineering comes first” ethos within the design team. Heavily engineering-centric company culture with experienced management.
- Opportunity to act as the top technical resource in the team.
- New project that is unique to the industry. A lot of design freedom for projects.
- Flexibility to specialize in niche theoretical knowledge or develop versatile multi-disciplinary skills within a team.
- Newly created role backed by the resources of a multibillion-dollar company.
- Stable company with strong history of building top-grade components and equipment.
- Ownership of the product lifecycle from design to implementation. High degree of influence over processes, functional specifications, and product features.
- Strong support for career advancement, including skills development, in-house training, and continuing education.
- Develop radar applications for the automotive industry as part of a team of senior firmware, hardware, and software engineers.
- Focus on electronic component design related to antennas and radar systems. Design software/hardware and run rigorous field tests.
- Write and participate in reviewing of system architecture and system functional specifications.
- Validate operation of features and provide guidance as needed to test engineers.
- Provide systems-level expertise to other team members.
- 6+ years of experience developing electronics and components for automotive applications.
- Experience with radar products and protocols.
- MSEE in electrical engineering, or bachelor’s degree with additional industry experience.
- Strong skills in design, prototyping, and commercial product development.
- Experience with technical product testing and troubleshooting.
- Good technical documentation skills.