Sr. Business Development Manager (Cloud, SD-WAN)
Los Angeles, CA
Number of Openings:
Our client is a market-leading provider of cloud products, enterprise software, and connectivity solutions. Their new SD-WAN product offers better resilience and network performance than traditional LAN/WAN networks, while reducing the cost of bandwidth. and are hiring a Sr. Business Development Manager to drive market share for this new solution.
The Sr. Business Development Manager will have a high degree of freedom to design the new program structure for the SD-WAN suite of products. They will have access to top-level executive decision-makers and the opportunity to break into new markets. Their attention to quality and results throughout the sales cycle will support the company’s commitment to world-class service.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus generous PTO, medical/dental/vision, 401(k) match, cell phone allowance, corporate membership discounts, and other perks.
- Outstanding product with multiple awards and backed strongly by thoroughly tested and robust network infrastructure.
- Excellent value proposition and price competitiveness.
- Strong culture of growing staff from the ground up, including career advancement and company-sponsored industry certifications.
- Newly-created position with multiple flexible career advancement tracks and training options.
- Sponsorship to attend top industry events, conferences, and trade shows.
- Company is privately held, stable, debt-free, and has strongly diversified financials.
- Industry reputation as an outstanding carrier and a leader in emerging cloud technologies, as well as a range of industry-renowned unified communications solutions.
- High degree of visibility and access to C-level executives; influence project scopes, plans, and budgets.
- Company has won over 50 industry awards for outstanding products, customer service, and national footprint.
- Company is anti-bureaucracy, low red-tape, and results-focused.
- Extensive support resources and a team of highly trained support staff to assist in the implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Plan and manage sales cycle for enterprise SD-WAN and related solutions. Build lead generation pipeline, customer acquisition strategy, and close major new accounts.
- Develop business development strategies and sales campaigns to build market share within key areas.
- Identify, qualify, and onboard potential new channel partners and VARs. Train them in delivering value proposition and sales strategy.
- Grow and manage sales team. As revenue grows, hire additional sales staff.
- Work with sales engineers to develop detailed sales proposals to customers.
- Deliver sales presentations to decision-makers at the enterprise level.
- Work with business analysis team to report monthly pipeline activity and regional market forecasts.
- 6+ years of experience in business development, with experience building sales strategy from the ground up.
- Background in sales or channel management for software, networking, cloud, or telecom.
- Direct experience selling an SD-WAN product; comfortable discussing the technology in detail.
- Existing relationships with VARs and other players in the international SD-WAN space. Relationships with carriers or MSPs are a plus.
- Strong skills in relationship-building, negotiation, and presentation; comfortable speaking with decision-makers across many industries.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, business, or another related field.
- Some travel (business expense account provided).