Sr. Channel Marketing Manager (Cloud, Voice/Data, Communications)
San Jose, CA;
Number of Openings:
Our client is a major telecom solutions provider of voice/data, cloud, and software solutions. Many of their customers are major enterprises and Fortune 500 companies. They are hiring a Sr. Channel Marketing Manager to lead channel partner marketing strategy in the Americas region.
The Sr. Channel Marketing Manager will grow revenue and sales in their region by developing strong multi-layered marketing campaigns and channel partner training strategies. They will also spearhead market research and customer segmentation initiatives.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual bonus. Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, company 401(K) match, life & disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and flexible hours.
- Newly created position with heavy executive support and high level of funding.
- Highly successful suite of products.
- Strong existing channel relationships with marquee customers and distributors.
- Advanced skills development and training options.
- State-of-the-art marketing and sales resources.
- Strong culture of mentorship and career advancement.
- High-profile international trips.
- Resources and budget of a multibillion-dollar company.
- High visibility and leverage – ownership of major tactical decisions.
- Flexible career advancement options.
- Strong company reputation for outstanding project delivery.
- Develop channel sales and marketing strategy from the top down, guide team members to execute from the bottom up with support of team and channel directors. Provide strategy feedback to decision-makers as necessary.
- Develop detailed profiles of target customer data and niche market opportunities. Assist business development team with identifying and qualifying ideal prospects.
- Develop mutual performance objectives as part of the partner relationship, identifying appropriate milestones as part of the joint partner planning process.
- Sell through master agent and major wireless carriers, focusing on wireless and managed connectivity solutions. Negotiate distribution agreements.
- Interface with high-level channel partners across a wide range of industry verticals to gather business requirements.
- Identify and resolve problems between channel partners and parent company.
- Provide forecasting reports and work with management to develop strategy and objectives on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Manage partner compliance, profitability goals, and problem resolution as needed.
- Work cross-functionally to pipeline new solutions and integrate emerging technology.
- 8+ years of advanced experience in managing sales and marketing programs, with experience developing channel partner strategy for large sales territories and major channel partner accounts.
- Strong channel marketing toolset, including:
- Customer/market segmentation
- Lead generation campaigns
- Marketing content and distribution
- Sales pipelines
- Training partners
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical field.
- Excellent grasp of the wireless/telecom market, including distributors and master agents. Able to report accurate and meaningful insights to senior management.
- Direct experience working with a major telecom carrier or master agent.
- Understanding of wireless/telecom solutions, including voice/data, cloud, managed connectivity, and wireless equipment.
- Strong relationship-building skills; comfortable interfacing with directors and VPs at partner companies.
- Proficiency with Salesforce tools.
- Excellent negotiation and technical presentation skills.
- Some regional travel.