Sr. Engineering Manager - RF Hardware
Number of Openings:
Our client solves real-world communications challenges with market-leading electronics and wireless products. Their solutions are internationally renowned within commercial electronics, DAS in-building, signal processing, cellular, 4G/LTE/5G communications equipment, HetNet, wireless, and RF systems. They are hiring a Sr. Engineering Manager to manage the RF hardware product design team.
The Sr. Engineering Manager will oversee a group of managers for the design and development of products related to RF hardware, electronics, circuits, PCBs, and more. In this newly created position, this person will have strong influence on business processes within the product development team. Their work will focus on overseeing major product design projects from concept to hand-off, and to improve profitability by streamlining processes.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus comprehensive benefits package, including medical/life coverage, 401(K) match, profit-sharing, performance bonuses, and more.
- Manage a team developing sophisticated commercial wireless products within WiFi, 5G, HetNet, advanced cellular communications, RF solutions, and other advanced network areas
- Engineer-centric work environment within a small, high-performing team with a legacy of success in their R&D projects.
- High commitment to quality – company never underfunds its products.
- Company is profitable with a culture of reinvesting in their employees.
- Excellent industry reputation; company powers the world’s biggest manufacturers.
- Strong, stable company with legacy of building high-grade wireless components and equipment.
- Great learning environment, hands-off management with support when you need it
- High level of influence within the engineering team, with direct access to CTO and individual recognition for contributions.
- Strong support for employee development, including skills development, support for side projects, and continuing education opportunities.
- Manage the engineering team as they develop products from end to end. Oversee the full process, including definition of functional specifications, proposal, product roadmap, implementation, testing, go-to-market strategy, and launch.
- Develop and implement short-term and long-term staffing plans. Grow the team, add new technical and managerial staff, and groom team members for promotions.
- Coach team members and deliver regular performance reviews.
- Meet with high-level customers to define project scope, budget, and end goals.
- Assist in developing value propositions and business cases for new products. Provide strategic direction to product engineering team for RF solutions.
- Develop metrics and improvements for product workflow, risk assessment, processes, methodologies, and team communication.
- Report to senior management on product feedback, project delivery, and improvements.
- 12+ years of experience years of experience in technical leadership at a senior level.
- Experience managing cross-functional teams of 20+ reports comprised.
- Understanding of product development process and workflows, including rapid scaling for commercial manufacturing.
- Strong project management and organizational skills. PMP is a plus.
- Degree in a related field, ideally electrical engineering or computer science.
- Understanding of testing and automated test plans.
- Proficiency with design and simulation software, including MATLAB and ANSYS HFSS.
- Strong communication, technical documentation, and analysis skills.