Sr. Manufacturing Engineer – Injection Molding
Greater Los Angeles, CA Area
Number of Openings:
Our client is a Fortune 500 aerospace manufacturing leader whose highly experienced team has grown the company into a multibillion-dollar global organization. They are hiring a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer to design product components and spearhead improvements within manufacturing and R&D.
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer will design, develop, and test manufacturing equipment for injection molding and plastic part fabrication. In addition to equipment design, they will have authority to drive improvements within plant manufacturing operations.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, plus a comprehensive benefits plan, including healthcare options, company 401(k) match, and annual performance bonuses.
- Large pool of funding and resources backed by a multibillion-dollar Fortune 500 company.
- Many career advancement paths and funding for tuition and certifications.
- Very high average employee tenure.
- High visibility, with direct access to directors and senior management.
- Strong record of corporate responsibility, employee safety, and environmental accountability.
- Culture of mentorship and promotion
- Engineer-centric environment; heavy emphasis on product quality and realistic timelines.
- Team of capable, experienced, and seasoned professionals at the top of their industry.
- Global network of world-class manufacturing and research plants.
- Design and develop manufacturing equipment for plastic part fabrication, including injection-molded plastics, molds, and pneumatic systems.
- Conduct simulations to analyze performance of manufacturing equipment.
- Gather and analyze product requirements, and interface with customers regarding product changes, inquiries, demonstrations, and QC.
- Assist project managers in developing timelines, schedules, test plans, and budgets.
- Work with international suppliers, product managers, and third-party vendors, while maintaining strict confidentiality over industry trade secrets.
- 8+ years of experience in designing mechanical components and parts for manufacturing.
- Specialized knowledge of the plastics industry, including:
- Injection molding
- Plastic materials
- Mold design
- Automated assembly
- CNC / machining equipment
- Proficiency with design using CAD software.
- Knowledge of industry standards for testing, safety, environmental, and manufacturing.
- Commitment to safety and precision in manufacturing.
- Rigorous approach to testing and documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or aerospace engineering.
- Industry experience in manufacturing plants, plastics, or aerospace is helpful.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to develop creative solutions to manufacturing problems.
- Able to interpret problems and present clear, actionable solutions to people across a range of departments.
- Some travel.