Sr. Principal Mechanical Engineer (PCBs, RF/DAS)
Number of Openings:
Our client is a leading OEM in the wireless/telecom industry developing RF hardware components and software for mobile, wireless, and IoT applications. Their diverse solutions portfolio includes 5G devices, GPS tracking, antennas, self-organizing networks (SON), and fleet management applications.
The Sr. Principal Mechanical Engineer will design mechanical components for a range of handheld electronics, including new 5G-compatible devices. They will work with R&D, other engineers, and end-clients to strategize and design solutions, with a tailored approach to each project.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus full benefits package, including medical/dental/vision, 401(K) match, generous PTO, and other perks.
- Large budget and extensive pool of resources.
- Strong, ideas-forward team of over 100 engineers.
- In-house manufacturing and hands-on workplace culture; gather requirements directly from clients and work with on-site engineers and R&D team to build your solutions.
- High level of influence and design freedom.
- Company is debt-free and expected to double revenue within 5 years.
- Diversified solutions portfolio focused on emerging wireless and RF technologies.
- Tuition reimbursement program and strong mentorship program.
- High upward mobility as company grows.
- Design mechanical components, such as casings, and PCB outlines, and harnesses, for test and measurement instrumentation.
- Gather project requirements to support both new product development and production testing.
- Work with R&D team to design solutions and create prototypes.
- Oversee design for product models, RF shielding, and chassis for small electronic enclosures.
- Conduct thermal analysis to determine suitability for production. Contribute to manufacturing test plans.
- Work with other team members to resolve production issues.
- Train and mentor indirect reports. Act as high-level resource for as needed.
- 7+ years of experience in PCB mechanical design, including recent experience as part of a commercial product development team.
- Expertise with materials, tools and techniques for prototype fabrication.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in mechanical engineering.
- Experience with design and analysis using AutoCAD software. Other modeling software (e.g. ANSYS, Autodesk 360) is a plus.
- Proficiency with Oracle.
- Understanding of DFM/A, DFMEA, and GD&T processes and techniques.
- Understanding of thermoforming, thermal modeling, and mechanical thermal analysis, especially for PCBs.
- Direct experience with RF testing technology, mobile devices, or handheld electronics is a strong plus.