Sr. RF/DAS Field Engineer
Number of Openings:
Our client is a nationwide telecom integrator providing in-building DAS, cellular infrastructure, small cell solutions. Their scalable network solutions meet the huge demand for top-quality wireless coverage in public safety, commercial buildings, airports, hospitals, military, and convention centers. They are hiring a Sr. RF/DAS Field Engineer to commission, test, and troubleshoot neutral-host DAS systems.
The Sr. RF/DAS Field Engineer will lead a top-level field support team for iDAS and public safety DAS. They will work extensively with equipment from major OEMs, including Corning, CommScope, ADRF, and SOLiD. Their work will focus on hands-on commissioning, testing, and post-implementation support.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, annual performance bonus, PTO/paid holidays, overtime pay, 401(k), medical/dental/vision, company cell phone, flexible hours, and more.
- Flexible work-from-home options.
- Company-funded training and industry certifications.
- Approved by all major US carriers.
- Career advancement and employee continuing skill development opportunities.
- Highly experienced managers and many FCC-certified and iBwave-certified team members.
- Strong commitment to employee safety.
- 150+ successful DAS projects and thousands of access points.
- Over 100 combined years of DAS experience.
- Solid reputation in the utilities industry and a commitment to excellent work.
- Company is heavily invested in growing operations and capital expenditures.
- Analyze, commission, configure, test, and troubleshoot DAS for public and private sector customers.
- Act as the top technical person of a team of 3-5 people.
- Test systems using spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, signal generator, power meter, and more. Collect measurements for sweep, fiber, and PIM testing.
- Conduct CW testing and OTDR testing as needed.
- Assist with acceptance testing according to client coverage goals and proper integration into the macro cellular network.
- Interpret iBwave designs. Work with PMs and design team to complete system changes and upgrades.
- Maintain DAS equipment according to industry performance standards.
- 6+ years of experience in RF/DAS and in-building wireless systems, including extensive post-implementation field work.
- Experience managing teams of field technicians is a strong plus.
- Technical proficiency in the following areas:
- DAS OEM equipment
- Cable (coaxial, fiber optic, CAT 5)
- RF test and propagation tools
- Continuous wave / CW testing
- Passive intermodulation / PIM testing
- Understanding of UMTS, GSM, and LTE standards
- Industry OEM certifications, such as Anritsu, Corning, or EXFO, are a plus.
- Able to understand iBwave designs (iBwave certification is a plus).
- Up to 50% travel.