Sr. RF Design Engineer (Connectors, Transmission Lines, Components)
Greater Hartford, CT Area
Number of Openings:
Our client is a leading manufacturer of RF and fiber optics equipment, providing top-quality wireless infrastructure for indoor and outdoor applications. They are hiring a Sr. RF Engineer to design product components of fiber optic technology, including cable, RF connectors, and transmission lines.
This person will design, develop, and test RF connectors and other equipment for commercial-grade fabrication. Their projects will focus on some of the most sought-after fiber optic and cable solutions on the market today.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus benefits package, including medical/dental/vision, 4 weeks PTO, 401(K) match, and more.
- Large pool of funding and resources backed by a multibillion-dollar Fortune 500 company.
- ISO 9001 certification for their Quality Management Systems worldwide.
- Global network of world-class manufacturing and research plants.
- High visibility, with direct access to directors and senior management.
- Engineer-centric environment; heavy emphasis on product quality and realistic timelines.
- Chance to build professional skillset as part of a team on the forefront of fiber optics technology, including 5G, connected buildings, smart cities, IoT integration, and world-class enterprise development.
- Excellent reputation in the telecom infrastructure industry, with exponential customer demand growth in high-density, high-traffic urban areas.
- Team of capable, experienced, and seasoned professionals at the top of their industry.
- Strong company commitment to safety and exceptional quality standards.
- Design and develop various RF components and equipment, including RF connectors, cable, and jumpers.
- Advise manufacturing team on appropriate materials and assembly process for products.
- Create designs, validate, implement, and troubleshoot fixtures.
- Assist QC and testing teams in developing rigorous test plans. Conduct qualification testing and field simulations.
- Qualify new and existing products, identify cost-savings opportunities, and analyze field performance.
- Define environmental specifications and other product specs.
- Assist with vendor selection.
- Ensure adherence to high product integrity and quality control standards.
- 7+ years of experience in electrical engineering design, with a focus on RF equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or a related technical field.
- Technical expertise in RF connector design and related equipment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing materials (steel, aluminum, plastics, composites, packaging) and processes (injection molding, blow molding, soldering, die-casting, etc.).
- Proficiency with RF testing tools (spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, scanners, etc.).
- Proficiency with AutoCAD or SolidWorks. Familiarity with SAP is a plus.
- Commitment to high-quality product design.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to develop creative solutions to manufacturing problems.