Sr. RF Design Engineer (Millimeter Wave, Circuits, PCBs)
Greater Boston, MA Area
Number of Openings:
Our client solves real-world communications challenges with market-leading electronics and wireless products. Their solutions are internationally renowned within commercial electronics, DAS in-building, signal processing, cellular, 4G/LTE/5G communications equipment, HetNet, wireless, and RF systems. They are hiring a Sr. RF Design Engineer to design and test electrical hardware components for RF equipment.
The Sr. RF Design Engineer will work as part of a tightly knit multi-disciplinary team to design and develop RF millimeter wave circuits. This person will work under senior engineers and contribute to conceptual design, development, modeling, simulation, and backend timing.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus comprehensive benefits package, including medical/life coverage, 401(K) match, profit-sharing, performance bonuses, and more.
- Work with a team developing sophisticated commercial wireless products within WiFi, 5G, HetNet, advanced cellular communications, RF solutions, and other advanced network areas
- Engineer-centric work environment within a small, high-performing team with a legacy of success in their R&D projects.
- High commitment to quality – company never underfunds its products.
- Company is profitable with a culture of reinvesting in their employees.
- Excellent industry reputation; company powers the world’s biggest manufacturers.
- Strong, stable company with legacy of building high-grade wireless components and equipment.
- Great learning environment, hands-off management with support when you need it
- High level of influence within the engineering team, with direct access to CTO and individual recognition for contributions.
- Strong support for employee development, including skills development, support for side projects, and continuing education opportunities.
- Assist team in designing and developing millimeter wave RF solutions for 5G, automotive, radar, and more.
- Build and test prototypes; measure and interpret results.
- Use test equipment in a lab setting: spectrum analyzers, power meters, network analyzers, etc.
- Develop 3D models. Conduct board-level design reviews, testing, and simulations.
- Work with the field application engineering team and customers to identify and resolve technical issues.
- 3+ years of experience in RF and mmWave product design, ideally with exposure to frequencies within 24 to 86 GHz.
- MSEE or PhD in electrical engineering.
- Technical knowledge of mmWave front-end circuits, semiconductors, frequencies, PCBs, RF equipment.
- Understanding of wireless technologies, protocols, and standards (3G, 4G, LTE/LTE-A, 802.11)
- Proficiency with design and simulation software, such as MATLAB, ANSYS HFSS, or Comsol.
- Familiarity with 5G, radar, or automotive is a strong plus.