Sr. RF Hardware Design Engineer
Number of Openings:
Our client solves real-world communications challenges with market-leading electronics and wireless products. Their solutions are internationally renowned within commercial electronics, DAS in-building, signal processing, cellular, 4G/LTE/5G communications equipment, HetNet, wireless, and RF systems. They are hiring a Sr. RF Hardware Design Engineer with expertise in developing commercial RF hardware components and products.
The Sr. RF Hardware Design Engineer will form part of a tightly knit multi-disciplinary team to design and develop RF hardware and equipment. This person will guide product development, testing, and overall strategy. They will support the team’s design activities and act as a top contributor to major new products.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus comprehensive benefits package, including medical/life coverage, 401(K) match, profit-sharing, performance bonuses, and more.
- Manage a team developing sophisticated commercial wireless products within WiFi, 5G, HetNet, advanced cellular communications, RF solutions, and other advanced network areas
- Engineer-centric work environment within a small, high-performing team with a legacy of success in their R&D projects.
- High commitment to quality – company never underfunds its products.
- Company is profitable with a culture of reinvesting in their employees.
- Excellent industry reputation; company powers the world’s biggest manufacturers.
- Strong, stable company with legacy of building high-grade wireless components and equipment.
- Great learning environment, hands-off management with support when you need it
- High level of influence within the engineering team.
- Strong support for employee development, including skills development, support for side projects, and continuing education opportunities.
- Act as top technical resource for design and development activities for RF hardware related to test and measurement, automotive, telecom, radar, and more.
- Define product specifications, modeling, testing, and related activities.
- Build and test prototypes and interpret results as part of a team of top engineers.
- Stay involved with projects from concept to hand-off to manufacturing.
- Coach junior engineering team members and develop skills within the team to address knowledge gaps.
- Report to senior management on product feedback, project delivery, and improvements.
- 10+ years of experience developing hardware components for a range of RF products. Intimate understanding of RF engineering and design.
- Strong technical background in commercial product development, ideally within a large company setting working on multiple products at once.
- Master’s degree (or higher) in electrical engineering or a similar technical field.
- Technical understanding of RF design, including:
- Frequencies up to 12 GHz
- RFIC design
- GaN power devices
- PCB / board layout
- Module power amplifiers
- Strong understanding of RF test equipment, including network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, power meter, and oscilloscope.
- Proficiency with design and simulation software, including MATLAB and ANSYS HFSS.
- Understanding of C, C++, or Python are a plus.
- Heavy focus on quality product development and rigorous methodology.
- Able to mentor and develop junior engineers within the team.