Sr. Tax Analyst (Sales & Use Tax, GST, Retail)
Number of Openings:
Our client delivers top technology products to a global customer base. Their highly respected industry reputation is based on quality customer service, attention to detail, and a high commitment to ethics. They are hiring a Sr. Tax Specialist to support the tax filing and documentation process.
The Sr. Tax Analyst is a newly created position with strong opportunities for skills growth and promotion through the ranks. This person will focus on sales and use tax, GST, QST, and tax accounting.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, plus medical/dental/vision, 401(k) match, generous vacation plan, summer Fridays, and annual performance bonuses.
- Strong potential for promotion.
- Small, tightly knit firm with high employee tenure.
- Access to upper management and high degree of influence over business processes.
- Strong portfolio of hand-picked customers.
- Multiple career advancement paths: can develop niche skills or move upward into management.
- Highly experienced leadership has been in the business for decades.
- Culture of high performance and quality customer care.
- Responsible for sales and use tax filing and process.
- Prepare federal and state tax filing documentation.
- Ensure proper documentation and reporting of GST and QST.
- Request resale certificates from customers when necessary.
- Reconcile discrepancies in tax data. Assist with general ledger, audits, and compliance.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, US GAAP, and other financial regulations.
- Maintain excellent documentation and appropriate paperwork for all activities.
- 5+ years of experience in tax preparation for a large corporate firm.
- Experience within tax accounting, including:
- Tax preparation and filings
- Sales tax and use tax
- Financial reporting
- CPA certification.
- Experience with Canadian GST and QST.
- Proficiency with accounting and tax preparation software.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.