Sr. Tax Specialist
St. Louis, MO
Number of Openings:
Relocation assistance available.
Our client provides full-service public accounting, tax advisory, auditing, and financial services nationwide. Their highly respected industry reputation is based on quality customer service, attention to detail, and ethical trusted business associates. They are hiring a Tax Accountant to support mission-critical tax accounting activities. The Tax Accountant is a newly created position with strong opportunities for skills growth and promotion through the ranks. This person will gain important industry experience with a wide range of in-demand tax preparation services.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, plus medical/dental/vision, 401(k) match, generous vacation plan, summer Fridays, and annual performance bonuses.
- Strong potential for promotion.
- Small, tightly knit firm with high employee tenure.
- Access to upper management and high degree of influence over business processes.
- Strong portfolio of hand-picked customers.
- Multiple career advancement paths: can develop niche skills or move upward into management.
- Highly experienced leadership has been in the business for decades.
- Culture of high performance and quality customer care.
- Prepare federal and state tax filing tax estimates and documentation for businesses in a range of industries.
- Establish relationships with individual and business clients. Assist with tax planning and business accounting procedures.
- Reconcile tax payable accounts and reconcile discrepancies in tax data.
- Assist with general ledger set-up, estate planning, trusts, audits, and compliance.
- Act as a tax accounting resource and expert for business mergers and acquisitions, IRS disputes, audits, and compliance.
- Collaborate with businesses owners on tax accounting and filing activities.
- Manage accounting documentation and adherence to accounting best practices.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, US GAAP, and other financial regulations.
- Maintain excellent documentation and appropriate paperwork for all activities.
- 4+ years of relevant experience, including public accounting and tax preparation experience.
- Experience within tax accounting, including:
- GL set-up and reconciliation
- Tax preparation and filings
- Financial reporting
- CPA certification.
- Proficiency with accounting and tax preparation software.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Knowledge of GAAP best practices.
- Excellent communication skills; strong attention to detail and process.
- Some travel.