Structural Design Specialist - CAD & BIM
Number of Openings:
Our client leads the engineering services firm in the world, with an unrivalled industry reputation for delivering critical public infrastructure that keeps the world running. Their extensive project land development portfolio includes innovative public infrastructure, casinos, universities, landmark architecture, mass transit, landmark urban architecture, and even new smart city technology.
The Structural Design Specialist is a key member of the engineering team, with responsibility for structural engineering designs and projects in the public and private sectors. They will work with BIM managers, top engineers, and senior project managers to provide outstanding designs for land development projects.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual performance bonuses.
- Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(K) match, life & disability insurance, and flexible working hours.
- Company consistently wins bids for landmark projects.
- Company culture of investing in employee through career advancement, training, and continuing education opportunities.
- Pure engineering and design position to develop engineering career by immediately working on a variety of projects.
- Employees have the resources to develop very deep technical skills and industry knowledge.
- Executive management is committed to providing engineering team with best and newest tools and engineering software.
- Employee culture of over-performance and high quality standards.
- Outstanding company culture with supportive management and friendly workplace.
- Lots of support and training resources available for someone who wants to learn and fast track their engineering.
- High level of independence and freedom to design and give feedback on projects.
- Develop designs in BIM, Revit, and AutoCAD under the guidance of the engineering team and project manager.
- Produce related design documentation, drawings, 2D models, and reports.
- Create Revit designs from architectural plans.
- Revise designs as necessary according to client feedback. Work with other internal teams to secure approval for designs.
- Develop specialized knowledge surrounding water management systems (sewers, storm drains, flood control, and more).
- 3+ years of industry experience in architecture/engineering/construction design using AutoCAD, Revit, and BIM.
- Understanding of steel and concrete design and construction.
- Proficiency with design/drafting software:
- CAD (AutoCAD)
- Associates/bachelor’s degree.
- BIM/AutoCAD certifications or training courses are a strong plus.
- Strong documentation skills and process-driven mindset.