Superintendent of Construction
Number of Openings:
Our client delivers winning commercial real estate and construction services. They are hiring a Superintendent of Construction to lead midsize and large-scale commercial and multifamily construction projects. With a high degree of influence over projects, they set the stage for success by managing construction effectively from start to finish. This person is a master problem-solver who knows how to get complex jobs done in high-traffic areas.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus full benefits package: medical coverage, vacation time, retirement account with 401(K) company match, free travel, expense account, and other perks.
- Large, stable company with over $1 billion in annual revenue.
- History of success spanning over 80 years.
- Management culture that is highly receptive to feedback and industry experience.
- Exciting projects for large commercial venues, hospitals, airports, schools, and the public sector.
- Access to top-of-the-line technology, resources, and internal support personnel.
- Company culture of investing in its employees through career advancement and continuing education, plus top-level industry experience.
- Tight-knit team with good work-life balance.
- Company is heavily invested in growing operations and capital expenditures.
- Opportunity to cover many unique types of projects. Every single day is different.
- Manage field operations of construction projects from end to end, with a focus on large multifamily properties.
- Discuss budgets, designs, schedules and technical details with vendors, design firms, contractors, internal teams, and management.
- Verify that all necessary permits, municipal approval, and ROW have been obtained.
- Give feedback to management on price quotes, safety issues, project timelines, potential project challenges, materials, and equipment.
- Attend major site visits (bid walk, progress visits, preconstruction walk-throughs, punch walks, and close-out).
- Keep accurate and up-to-date project records in project tracking system.
- Update clients regularly on construction phase and any issues.
- Set, maintain, and enforce safety standards for job site and building code requirements.
- 7+ years of construction management experience, with a background in commercial and/or multi-family projects.
- Large-scale project experience preferred ($10M and above)
- Experience managing construction teams made up of employees, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Strong understanding of commercial and multifamily facilities, including building codes and special safety features.
- Knowledge of safety programs, laws, and OSHA operating standards.
- Some travel.