Survey Crew Chief
Number of Openings:
Our client is one of the top-performing engineering services firm in the Rocky Mountains, with an unrivalled industry reputation for delivering critical public infrastructure that keeps the world running. Their extensive project land development portfolio includes innovative flood control systems, major highway design, state-of-the-art water management systems, universities, landmark architecture, and even integrating new smart city technology. They are hiring a Survey Crew Chief to lead survey teams in the field.
The Survey Crew Chief will plan and evaluate proposed field survey projects, help manage the field survey teams, prepare, process and coordinate the required field design survey work and construction staking survey work and other surveys and daily survey logs as part of public and private commercial, residential and industrial development projects based on client’s intent/vision, budget, timeline, jurisdictional requirements and community needs and concerns.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual performance bonuses
- Benefits package includes medical/dental/vision, 401(K) match, and life/disability insurance
- Outstanding company culture with high average employee tenure.
- Company consistently wins bids for well-known landmark projects.
- Unrivalled industry reputation for delivering excellent results on time, at or under budget.
- Company commitment to staying ahead of the technology curve with software and tools.
- Employee culture of over-performance and high-quality standards
- Advancement opportunities: tuition reimbursement, skills training, and more.
- Complete land surveying projects, with key responsibility for scoping, data collection, boundary calculations, confirming public records, and determining suitability.
- Identify potential obstacles or issues with proposed land parcels.
- Assist engineers in setting project timelines, budgets, and scope for land development projects.
- Collaborate with engineers and project managers, occasionally supervising project teams.
- Manage surveying documents. Accompany team to site walks.
- Standard construction staking experience, to include Trimble GPS, Trimble robotic total stations, differential leveling, etc.
- 3+ years of surveyor experience, preferably with an emphasis on land development and civil engineering project management.
- Adaptable personality and some experience in team leadership.
- Strong experience in construction staking.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in civil engineering or land surveying.
- PLS or LSIT registration preferred, but not required.