Technical Program Manager – DSP Engineering (ADAS, Automotive, Radar)
Greater Detroit, MI Area
Number of Openings:
Our client provides market-leading products and wireless solutions for the automotive industry. They are developing the most advanced automotive applications on the market today, including emerging technology applications for autonomous/self-driving vehicles. They are hiring a Technical Program Manager to manage innovative projects developing radar and electrical automotive components.
The Technical Program Manager will work as the top technical leader of a tightly knit multi-disciplinary team to develop advanced feature-rich radar components and antennas for autonomous vehicles. As part of the product development team, this person will have a high level of influence over development activities from top to bottom.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental plans, 401(k) match, life insurance, PTO, holidays, and other perks.
- High level of responsibility for team, technical projects, and overall program.
- Modern office with many on-site amenities in beautiful suburb of North Detroit.
- "Engineering comes first” ethos within the design team. Heavily engineering-centric company culture with experienced management.
- Opportunity to act as the top technical resource in the team.
- New project that is unique to the industry. A lot of design freedom for projects.
- Flexibility to specialize in niche theoretical knowledge or develop versatile multi-disciplinary skills within a team.
- Newly created role backed by the resources of a multibillion-dollar company.
- Stable company with strong history of building top-grade components and equipment.
- Ownership of the product lifecycle from design to implementation. High degree of influence over processes, functional specifications, and product features.
- Strong support for career advancement, including in-house training and continuing education.
- Supervise entire team in charge of developing radar applications for the automotive industry, including senior firmware engineers, hardware specialists, and software engineers.
- Spearhead electronic component design projects related to antennas and radar systems.
- Manage design team working on software/hardware and run rigorous field tests.
- Assist with technical side of system architecture and system functional specifications.
- Validate operation of features and provide guidance as needed to test engineers.
- Make presentations and updates to customers; deliver feedback to team.
- Manage project management aspects, including timing, budgeting, scope, coordination, materials, and product features.
- 6+ years of advanced technical experience with DSP engineering and commercial product development.
- 3+ years of experience with Tier 1 automotive customers and applications.
- Strong technical understanding of automotive radar applications (ADAS, continuous wave radar, cameras, lane detection, video-processing modules, antennas, etc.).
- MSEE in electrical engineering, or bachelor’s degree with additional industry experience.
- Experience managing technical projects: design, prototyping, and commercial scaling.
- Strong technical team leadership and customer interfacing skills.
- Good technical documentation skills.