VP of Sales (Global Logistics, Freight Forwarding)
New York, NY
Number of Openings:
Our client is a logistics firm that delivers outstanding freight forwarding and customs brokerage services worldwide. They are hiring a VP of Sales to act as the top authority on the company’s international business development strategy.
The VP of Sales will direct an experienced senior sales team and grow market share within the freight forwarding space. They are responsible for key strategic decisions and sales goals. They will have a high level of authority to help guide the company to drive revenue in the competitive freight-forwarding industry.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual performance bonus and full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, family benefits, life insurance, and disability. Equity options available.
- High visibility; reports directly to C-suite.
- Team of direct reports and hire/fire authority.
- Team of capable, experienced professionals at the top of their industry.
- Strong financial positioned within a booming market: outstanding industry reputation and competitive pricing in a high-demand environment.
- Team is selling nationwide (and globally) to a growing logistics and supply chain market. The market is a prospect-rich environment.
- High employee tenure.
- Millions of dollars in assets and strong partnerships nationwide.
- High level of trust with existing customers and strong industry reputation.
- In charge of high-demand products for today’s warehouse-centric distribution environment.
- Strong customer focus and many awards for quality customer experience and service integrity.
- History of investing in employees and prioritizing career growth.
- Develop and execute market strategy for sophisticated global logistics solutions. Full responsibility for company’s sales and business development efforts.
- Identify, qualify, and close major prospects.
- Drive aggressive sales growth through new sales and up-selling to existing customers.
- Lead sales team, managing 30+ direct reports within sales team to identify, target, and convert new commercial and industrial prospects.
- Analyze market and set appropriate sales targets. Coach the team to meet and exceed goals.
- Develop business plans, financial reports, and market forecasts. Give feedback and market intelligence to executive management.
- Keep tabs on customer experience and improve KPIs related to outstanding service delivery.
- Deliver quarterly/annual financial reports to management. Advise C-suite on key strategic decisions.
- Take advantage of a growing market to close deals with high-profile customers. Communicate value in terms of a bottom-line profit conversation.
- 10+ years of technical sales management experience, including team leadership experience at the director level or higher.
- Industry experience in supply chain, global logistics, freight, or transportation.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in management or supply chain. MBA is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Visio, SharePoint, and CRMs.
- Experience with CargoWise software.
- Strong team management skills and the ability to coach, mentor, and train as needed.
- Confident understanding of global logistics processes: import/export, air/freight/ocean transportation, distribution centers, and global supply chain.
- Excellent communication and cross-functional collaboration skills. Comfortable making technical presentation to decision-makers across many different industries.