VP Wireless Architecture & Engineering (RF/DAS, Small Cell, Networks)
Number of Openings:
Our client is a top nationwide telecom integrator providing carrier-grade small cell design and implementation. Their highly-rated scalable network solutions meet the huge demand for top-quality wireless coverage in large offices buildings, airports, hospitals, stadiums, military projects, and convention centers. They are hiring a VP Wireless Architecture & Engineering to build out the commercial side of the company’s network infrastructure practice.
The VP Wireless Architecture & Engineering is the point-person for large small cell projects. The company is facing high demand for commercial wireless design and engineering, so this person has the opportunity to capitalize on huge market growth within the next few years.
This Role Offers:
- Opportunity to expand and run a commercial telecom practice within a large and thriving nationwide integrator.
- High level of influence within new initiatives, major projects, and commercial strategy.
- Company is approved by all major US carriers and has many clients within large commercial venues, hospitals, airports, schools, and the public sector. Opportunity to work with clients from many different industry verticals.
- Open and transparent company culture focused on the highest quality results in the industry.
- Access to top-of-the-line technology, resources, and internal support personnel.
- Company culture of investing in its employees through career advancement and continuing education, plus top-level industry experience.
- Tight-knit team with good work-life balance.
- Company is heavily invested in growing operations and capital expenditures to meet high market demand for large-venue projects.
- Supportive and highly experienced senior management with heavy experience within telecommunications, wireless, and wireline industries.
- Control over large pool of internal/external DAS deployment resources.
- Competitive base salary plus full benefits package: medical coverage, vacation time, retirement account with 401(K) company match, free travel, expense account, and other perks.
- Manage commercial telecom strategy, with a focus on in-building distributed antenna systems (DAS and iDAS) and small cell projects for large venues.
- Build an effective team to expand the commercial side of the business, with support from the existing public sector side.
- Manage operational teams across large geographic service areas for DAS network construction.
- Oversee high-level operations of utilities providers, contracting teams, and design engineering team.
- Manage project escalations and draft action plans to address issues.
- Draft and deliver technical presentations with potential clients across several industry verticals.
- Run meetings with clients to discuss numbers, contracts, technical details, schematics, timelines, and project requirements.
- Identify risks and implement effective risk mitigation strategies, including forecasting of budget and schedule changes.
- Work with design team to finalize realistic deadlines, budget, and contract requirements. Assist with vendor selection and approve rates according to fair market price.
- Collaborate with management and construction managers on price quotes, safety issues, project timelines, potential project challenges, materials, and equipment.
- Build client relationships and keep them updated regularly on construction. Support construction teams to help them resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Telecommunications/wireless background with experience in large projects for major carriers, MNOs/MVNOs, and integrators.
- Bachelor’s degree in structural/civil engineering or telecom. MSB is a plus.
- Strong technical understanding of telecom and wireless technology, especially RF, in-building DAS, and small cell.
- Understanding of A&E design.
- Strong team leadership skills – can effectively manage complex teams made up of internal employees, contractors, construction teams, engineers, vendors, design firms, executive management, and municipal representatives.
- Excellent negotiation skills.