Sales Engineer (RF/DAS, Wireless Mesh Networks)
United States - Northern California
Number of Openings:
Our client is a leading provider of wireless deployment services in distributed antenna systems (DAS), small cells, wireless mesh networks, and more. With over 30 years in the wireless/telecom industry, they have a strong national presence as a top connectivity solutions provider. They are hiring a Sales Engineer to take ownership of the front end of pre-sales activities for RF, indoor/outdoor DAS, and wireless mesh installation projects for skyscrapers, office buildings, and other large venues.
The Sales Engineer will handle responsibilities primarily within in-building DAS and RF installations. They will have a high degree of influence over RFPs, designs, and proposals. Their sales projects will focus on some of the most sought-after connectivity solutions on the market today.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual performance bonus and full benefits package, including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, and 401(K) company match.
- High visibility. Lean organization with diverse opportunities at every level.
- Strong relationships with all major US carriers. Good relationships with top OEMs and integrators.
- Access to large support team and many resources. Design team produces top-quality iBwave designs to support the sales team.
- Outstanding performance and many industry awards.
- Tightly knit, seasoned engineering team with a history of delivering projects on time and at budget.
- World-class deployment team with low rate of error and high tenure.
- 30+ years of stability and growth.
- Company is profitable with a culture of reinvesting in their employees.
- Dynamic, highly funded sales team specialized in advanced telecom technology.
- Excellent industry reputation within the deployment space; many satisfied big-name customers.
- Take full ownership of the front end of RF/DAS sales. Manage technical pre-sales documentation (technical requirements, scopes, quotes, spec sheets, designs, etc.).
- Conduct needs analysis. Identify customer business goals and develop RFQs/RFPs that integrate customer connectivity needs with company solutions.
- Demonstrate connectivity solutions to enterprise-level clients during the pre-sales process.
- Educate clients on connectivity augmentation solutions, including small cells and in-building DAS. Make technical presentations at conferences and industry trade shows.
- Support business development within the sales region, identifying sales opportunities with new clients at the enterprise level.
- Collaborate with design team, providing detailed design input for projects to ensure top quality proposals. Participate in design reviews.
- Interpret and provide feedback on iBwave designs, technical diagrams, link budgets.
- 5+ years of experience in sales engineering for wireless/telecom projects, with a heavy focus on RF and in-building DAS.
- Well-rounded engineering skillset: design, pre-sales, and sales engineering.
- Deep technical understanding of wireless infrastructure and equipment, including:
- In-building DAS (iDAS)
- RF design, propagation, testing, and validation
- WiFi / wireless mesh network technology
- Wireless standards for 3G and 4G/LTE
- Good customer-facing skills and experience with sales engineering documentation (iBwave designs, quotes/RFPs, proposals).
- iBwave design certification.
- Understanding of major carriers’ frequency bands and protocols.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Some travel to client sites.