Sr. Embedded Software Engineer – IoT, GPS/GNSS
Number of Openings:
Our client is a top manufacturer and OEM of smart devices and connected electronics. Their solutions include embedded wireless modules, network architecture, and connectivity solutions. They are hiring a Sr. Embedded Software Engineer to develop code for low-power IoT devices.
The Sr. Embedded Software Engineer will manage the development of firmware components for low-power IoT devices with positioning (GPS/GNSS) capabilities. This person will have a high level of control over the scope and features within the devices.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses. Benefits include medical/dental/vision, 401(K) match, and more.
- Opportunity to build software for the highly competitive connected devices space.
- Highly experienced leadership with an extensive telecom background at large enterprises and successful start-up companies, deep technical expertise, and R&D experience.
- Financially stable company with low employee turnover.
- Company is in the middle of a highly successful expansion of its products into international technology markets.
- Strong industry relationships, including other OEMs and all major carriers.
- Agile and responsive team with an entrepreneurial mindset, backed by the resources of a multimillion-dollar company.
- High level of control over project goals, process, and software platform features.
- Extensive company experience in project design, engineering, and integration.
- Opportunity to work with one of the most respected OEMs in the wireless space.
- Develop embedded software and features for low-power IoT devices, including biometrics and GPS tracking capabilities.
- Conduct system testing, debugging, and issue tracking using JIRA.
- Oversee software development through the product lifecycle.
- Meet with customers and manufacturing team to gather and synthesize system requirements and technical specifications. Assist in defining project goals, and act as a technical resource.
- 6+ years of embedded software engineering and programming experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field.
- Strong understanding of cellular networking technologies and GPS/GNSS.
- Linux Kernel and device driver development experience.
- Understanding of security standards and industry best practices for encryption, secure access, and authentication.
- Programming languages: Python and C. Additional languages are a plus.
- Technical proficiencies:
- Low-power IoT protocols (NB-IoT and/or LPWAN)
- Wireless modules/gateways
- Positioning systems (GPS, GNSS)
- PCB and electronics schematics
- JIRA (or comparable issue-tracking platform)
- Strong understanding of relationship between software and the physical layer.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.